Thursday 7 April 2011

Spring and New Beginnings.

I spent this week spring cleaning our flat. In fact, I'm still not finished, but hoping to be done by tomorrow. Don't get me wrong - on Monday and Tuesday I was full of energy and motivation, but by Wednesday I had to blast some music and force myself to do it.

The best part about spring cleaning is they way your space feels after you've finished. After you've dusted, swept, uncluttered, wiped, and dusted some more. It makes me feel light and unburdened. It feels a little like a new beginning, like spring for your home. Everything is the same, but somehow just... better.


I was feeling all proud of my domestic pursuits this week. Then I got a text from my husband around lunch time today:

"there's a needle in my trousers"

In my frenzy of cleaning and organizing, I decided I needed to finally sew up a hole that had formed in Andrew's suit pant leg. When I got his text message, I realized that I left the needle, with the thread still attached, on his trousers. On the inner thigh seam. Oops! I've been laughing about this all day.

Guess I'm not as domestic as I thought. But that's alright.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!It must be getting very exciting around there with the Royal wedding coming up this week. Are you doing anything exciting for it???

    ReplyDelete